The Standaard, Belgiums leading quality newspaper launches a fully updated news app. From that app, you can read everything that De Standaard publishes digitally. You can find the latest news, a comprehensive selection from the morning newspaper and every evening from 17 o'clock in dS Avond. In addition, you can compile your own news overview based on your interests. After running a series of innovation sprints we created a tablet app that introduced a new way of digital reading. By prototyping directly into the code, we were able to quickly test and iterate on different interactions. Guided by reading principles such as scanability and eye focus we created a digital app that allowed for both quick browsing and in-depth exploration. I've worked on this product from the start as Digital Product Designer at LittleMissRobot in Antwerp, Belgium and was involved in strategy, creation, UX, prototyping, visual design and interface design.
- Client: De Standaard
- Design Studio: Little Miss Robot, OnlyHumans
- Product Owner, Innovation Director De Standaard: Heino Schaght
- Digital Product Architect and Service Design: Thomas Joos
- Design Direction, Service Design, User Experience Design: Max Heirbaut
- UX & Interface designer: Sander Jacobs
- Developer: Wouter Vandersyppe